[c-nsp] mpls option A with LAC and LNS

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Jul 28 04:33:46 EDT 2008

Well. I guess the easiest method is to have the operator forward you the
sessions via L2TP to your LNS so you can terminate and authenticate
them, using the method I indicated in my initial reply.

I don't know ISG well enough to advice, but
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sb/isg/configuration/guide/isb_i
p.html shows how this can be used to handle "IP sessions". Maybe someone
else will be able to comment further.

	oli

Vikas Sharma <mailto:vikassharmas at gmail.com> wrote on Monday, July 28,
2008 10:26 AM:

> Hi Oli,
>
> Authentication is required to keep users in their respective VRFs.
> These all attributes will come from Radius. We are getting services
> from other operator. User are using their infracture and coming in to
> my network.
>
> We provide mpls vpn / internet services to the customer.
>
> Regards,
> Vikas Sharma
>

> On 7/28/08, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
>
> 	Ah, ok.. may I ask why you would want to authenticate the
"users"?
> 	And against which user database?
> 	Which service(s) do you provide for the other operator? More
than
> 	just traffic?
>
> 	       oli
>
> 	Vikas Sharma <mailto:vikassharmas at gmail.com> wrote on Monday,
July
> 	28, 2008 8:24 AM:
>
> 	> Hi Oli,
> 	>
> 	> Thanks for the prompt responce. I think I need to slightly
modify
> 	> this.
> 	>
> 	> Though I have used the term LAC and LNS, I am not using L2TP
to get
> 	> the data from the other operator. I am using Inter-AS option
A,
> 	back > to back vrf. The issue I can see once the data is at my
ASBR,
> 	it will > not have any control plane information (as other
operator
> 	has already > put it in to the respective vrf). In that case I
will
> 	not be able to > use my radius to authenticate the user. In
summary,
> 	my radius will > not be used at all.
> 	>
> 	> Regards,
> 	> Vikas Sharma
> 	>
> 	>
> 	> On 7/28/08, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <oboehmer at cisco.com>
wrote:
> 	>
> 	>       Vikas Sharma <> wrote on Monday, July 28, 2008 6:59 AM:
> 	>
> 	>       > Hi,
> 	>       >
> 	>       > Need help to resolve the below situation. The scenario
of
> 	LAC / LNS
> 	>       > and mpls option A -
> 	>       >
> 	>       > In case, the customer belong to the ISP dials and
latch in
> 	the same
> 	>       > ISP (i.e. using ISP infrastructure), I can
authenticate