[c-nsp] ip rib update process hogging CPU on 12.4.7d

Nic Tjirkalli nic.tjirkalli at za.verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jun 2 03:27:03 EDT 2008

howdy ho,

Over the last few days, we have noticed that the IP RIB Update is
consuming a large amount of CPU cycles on 2 CISCO 7500 routers running 12.4.7d.

We have several other CISCO 7500 routers taht receieve the same amount of
BGP updates as the 2 with issues, but these routers are runninga  variety
of 12.3 images and appear to be happy - no CPU hog caused by IP RIB Update
process. All the 7500s are receieving a full BGP table.

CISCO bug tnavigator has no mention of an IP RIB Update bug in 12.4
images.

was wondering if anybody else had observed similar behaviour.

thanx for your time and any feedback.

Alas poor Tagline! I knew it well...

Nic Tjirkalli
Verizon Business South Africa
Network Strategy Team

Verizon Business is a brand of Verizon South Africa (Pty) Ltd. This e-mail
is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless
otherwise indicated.

Company Information:http:// www.verizonbusiness.com/za/contact/legal/