[c-nsp] Giving customers access to your gear.

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Jun 4 12:36:33 EDT 2008

On a more serious note if you're providing a router to a customer as a
CPE, it should never have anything in the config that you don't want
the customer to know.  If they tamper with it, and it's your
equipment, I'm pretty sure that's a crime.  It's rather trivial to get
into any router and grab the config out of the nvram.  I wouldn't keep
anything proprietary in a configuration servicing just one customer,
even if you manage the router.  If the customer absolutely needs this
type of access tell them they need to purchase the router; charge
them, change the passwords and hand them the keys.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net