[c-nsp] BGP network stops being advertized

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jun 5 19:18:59 EDT 2008

The /16 net has subs on multiple interfaces and also my loopback.   I
did as you mentioned, by looking at what was being advertised to my
peers, that's how I knew what the problem was to begin with.

It's also strange that it has been the same net in both incidences,
even though there is another /16 that I announce along with some
other /24s.

I was still advertising all the other nets just fine.

One thing we do often is add null routes and we have BGP auto-
summarize ON.  So I might think that every time we add a null some IOS
process must crunch the statics to do the summarization.   Not sure
exactly how this might impact the BGP route injection.

Is it possible for our IGP (RIP) to inject something into the table
that might do this ?

Thanks for the help.

Jeff