[c-nsp] Question on L2TPv3 authentication

Steven Pfister SPfister at dps.k12.oh.us
Tue Jun 17 09:57:10 EDT 2008

Thanks for all who responded to my question from last week regarding an L2TPv3 tunnel between two 3640s. I've got the config redone using loopback addresses. Now, I think I'm having a bit of trouble with authentication.

One of the 3640s authenticates logins using tacacs+. The other is a spare that I've added to the network on the local side and authenticates locally. Both sides say the tunnel is established, but the remote side (the tacacs+ side) seems to be stuck in a wt-sss state. The local side is in a wt-rep, but never gets a RemID from the remote side. I have a password set in the l2tp-class, the same password on both sides. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

--Steve

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,