[c-nsp] Aggregate label not generated

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jun 18 14:49:48 EDT 2008

Well, AFAIK "default-information originate" is needed to advertise
defaults also in VRFs. But if PE1 and PE2 are the same HW/SW that
shouldn't be the case here, i.e. 0.0.0.0/1 doesn't seem to be considered
a "default".

If I understand it correctly, for a label to be assigned by the router
the prefix needs to exist in the RIB "on itself". If the route from PE1,
and not the locally generated route, is installed in the RIB, and the
route uses Default-IP-Routing-Table as next hop via a
Loopback-to-Loopback LSP (L3VPN) you won't have a local label.

The route from PE1 is preferred since BGP admin distance is less than
the 250 assigned to the static.

Regards,
Peter