[c-nsp] Failover questions (ASA)

Christian Koch christian at broknrobot.com
Wed Jun 25 23:30:24 EDT 2008

Hello Nimal -

you can use redundant interfaces with 802.1q and have link from fw1 to sw1
and sw2 and vice versa

so fw1 active interface is connected to switch 1 and standby interface
connect to switch 2, fw2 active interface to switch 2 and standby interface
to switch 1, this way if fw1 and sw2 fail, fw2 standby interface becomes
active to switch 1

hope this helps

-christian