[c-nsp] Possible security issue with CDP

Brandon Price brandon at sterling.net
Fri Jun 27 13:13:36 EDT 2008

I am sure this is a stupid question but I have to ask..

Is there any compelling reason to run CDP in a service provider
environment?

Ever since I discovered that CDP existed I have been disabling it.
It seems like its entire purpose is to annoy people with inaccurate
console messages about duplex and vlan mismatches.....

Brandon Price
Sterling Communications Inc.

/31 <--- The Subnet Formally Known as "Unusable"