[c-nsp] %IPC-5-WATERMARK: What is this?

e ninja eninja at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 17:49:07 EST 2008

Max,

Ignore my last post. Are there any mallocfails? if yes, this might be as a
result a memory leak in the IPC buffer addressed in CSCek64188 resolved in
12.2(18)SXF8.

-----

CSCek64188

Symptoms: An error message indicating memory leak and pending transmission
for IPC messages is displayed as follows:

*Dec 3 01:31:31.792: %IPC-5-WATERMARK: 25642 messages pending in xmt
for the port
Primary RFS Server Port(10000.C) from source seat 2150000

 *Dec 3 01:32:01.489: %SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of 4268
bytes failed from
0x9F32944, alignment 32

 Conditions: This issue is triggered by CSCeb05456 and is applicable only if
your Cisco IOS image has integrated the fix of CSCeb05456.

Workaround: Periodically, reload the router so that the IPC buffer pool will
be reinitialized.
------

Note that your current IOS image has the fix for CSCeb05456 (fixed in
12.2(18)SXF1
- the trigger for this issue

/eninja