[c-nsp] Prepare for router Wednesday

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Tue Mar 11 09:41:56 EDT 2008

At 08:43 AM 3/11/2008, you wrote:
>http://www.techworld.com/security/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=11665
>
>"Following the lead of Microsoft and Oracle, Cisco Systems will
>start releasing security patches for some of its products on a schedule.
>The first of these scheduled updates will occur on Wednesday, 26
>March, and Cisco will continue to release patches on a twice-yearly
>schedule after that, Cisco said in a note posted Wednesday on its
>website. These firmware updates will ship on the fourth Wednesday of
>September and March each year."

So we need to wait 6 months for security patches if an exploit which
may affect us is discovered on the fourth Thursday of September?
That's crazy! Let Enterprise customers wait if they want, I want my
security patches ASAP so we can test them for a few days then deploy
network wide. Does anyone else think this is not a rational change?

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin