[c-nsp] Cisco 10k?

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:48:10 EDT 2008

Hi

We migrated from 7206 VXRs to 10k for broadband termination. I must
say that that caused us a lot of trouble. The 10k proved to be very
unstable, leaking memory etc. Of course that might be just our
experience. We tried different IOSes, opened a few TAC cases, but
ultimately decided to go with a different vendor all together.
My understanding is that 10k was originally designed as a broadband
aggregation platform, I'm not sure how suitable it is for a border
router.

kind regards
Pshem