[c-nsp] CVR-X2-SFP

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Mar 14 10:34:51 EDT 2008

Dale W. Carder wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Michail Litvak wrote:
>> Does anyone try to use CVR-X2-SFP (Cisco TwinGig Converter Module)
>> with
>> cat6500 WS-X6708-10GE module.
>> I try to insert it but have "bad EEPROM".
>
> I would not expect them to work anywhere but on the
> 3750E, at least for now.

There are a few others.  The 3560E is of course expected since it's
identical to the 3750E sans the external backplane connections.  The
TwinGig modules also work in the 4900M's expansion modules (but not the
8 on-board 10G bays).  That does not include the 4948-10GE or the
ME4924-10GE; only the 4900M.  Since the 4900M is based on the 4500's
Sup6-E, the Sup6-E also supports the TwinGig modules.  The 4500 E-Series
10G linecards also support the TwinGig module of which there is only one
so far, the 4606.

It's a useful way to lay the foundation for future 10G upgrades IMHO.  I
hope they keep on extending support for it.

Justin