[c-nsp] T1 Bonding with PA-MC-T3

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Fri Mar 14 18:11:28 EDT 2008

Guys,

I have a 7206 VXR with a PA-MC-T3 card in it for doing T1's off of a
channelized DS3. I know the PA-MC-T3 doesn't support MLPPP bonding of
multiple T1's. The problem is, my NPE doesn't support the newer PA-MC-T3-EC
enhanced card that works for T1 bonding.

I know I could feed the DS3 to some separate Mux and pull individual T1's
off of that and bond them in a different Cisco card. Problem is, that's not
really a very "clean" solution for us and definitely adds some other links
in the chain that could fail.

SO, is there any way to accomplish T1 bonding with that existing DS3 card or
am I just stuck?

Thanks very much for any help.

-Nick Voth