[c-nsp] Netflow Top Talkers?

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Tue Mar 18 10:13:11 EDT 2008

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote on 03/17/2008 01:54:20 PM:

> I have a pretty simple requirement:
>
> Customer calls up and complains that their link (T1) is slow,
> I take a quick look at MRTG for their link and see that it is at >95%
> utilization.
>
> I would like a quick way see what traffic is saturating the link.

Top talkers can vary over time. What is also useful is long-term tracking
of an interface. If you go the netflow way, the flow-tools/FlowViewer
open-source pairing provides FlowTracker which collects and graphs the
information long-term. Statistics (max, average, 95th pct., etc.) are
provided. You can create FlowTracking Groups which combine all of your
major users onto a single graph. This can be used for 'charge-back' as
well.

See for more info:  http://ensight.eos.nasa.gov/FlowViewer

Joe