[c-nsp] Something I was thinking about whilst idle the other day.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Mar 21 04:28:18 EDT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008, Sam Stickland wrote:

> A structured grammar for IOS configuration :)

Sounds like you're asking for IOS XR... well :-).

I'd be happy if the number of IOS feature sets reduced to
not more than 2 or 3, but I understand this is asking for
too much given the history of the code.

It's a nightmare trying to get all the features you need in
one release/revision when considering a network with tens
or hundreds of routers; more so when Feature Navigator is
not 100% accurate most times.

Hopefully, I'll get to see this in my lifetime :-).

IOS XR is on the right path - only 2 feature sets today.
Please keep it this way.

Mark.