[c-nsp] QoS problems on ATM pvc - IOS bug?

Gary Roberton gary.ciscomail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:42:48 EDT 2008

Check the TX Ring limit.  The TX Ring is the number of particles/packets
that queue in the hardware queue before being transmitted out of the
interface.  If this is set too big you can experience problems with packets
seeming to be placed and process through the Priority queue, when in fact
they are now sat in a hardware queue.

Under the interface;

interface ATM0

pvc 0/38

tx-ring-limit 3

Hope it helps - or at least rules out that this isn't the problem.

Gary