[c-nsp] bgp transit, selecting providers based on source IP

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Wed Mar 26 16:23:30 EDT 2008

Hello All:

The answer to this may be "no way".  :-)  If you have a peering session with the customer, why not only announce your routes from your two other providers so that the customer doesn't see the routes from the one they want to avoid?  Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?  You could tag your transit routes with a community, add the two you want to transit to a community-list and then announce only the routes that match the list.

Thinking out loud, but not necessarily well.  :-)

Mike