[c-nsp] 7609 6000W-DC PWR supply cabling Question

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Mon Mar 31 11:05:58 EDT 2008

On Mar 31, 2008, at 7:39 AM, William Jackson wrote:
> 1.	all 4 pairs of cables going back to a single circuit breaker of
> ( 6000/48 = 125Amp )
> 2.	each pair of cables going back to a separate circuit breaker of
> ( 6000/4 = 1500/48 = 31.25 Amp )
>

> I am not an electrical guy but I would have thought that the idea is
> that the breaker trips before the cable burns, so I would assume
> option
> 2?

I just looked at a 7609 we have colo'd here in our DC room and it has
THREE 40amp DC fuses on EACH power supply.  So.. three 40A from feed A
and three 40A from feed B, six feeds total all on 4AWG.  Hope that
helps.

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC
rblayzor at inoc.net
http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/

Mac OS X. Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging
Windows.