[c-nsp] %BCM-4-ECC_MEMORY: Corrected ECC from memory - 7206vxr/npe-g1

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Sun May 4 03:55:12 EDT 2008

I've had the same problem a couple of months ago and asked here a question about it, I'll save you the time searching the archives, nobody could give me a certain answer about this, but they all pointed to the dram, so I finally decided to replace the whole bank (they were a fresh purchased dimms so I've got RMA on them) and that solved the problem.
So my suggestion is to first go and replace the whole bank, and put the device back to work, then, if you want to know for sure which dimm is the bad one, test it later on a lab environment, on another offline router, if you have such possibility.

Ziv