[c-nsp] mac address question

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed May 7 10:49:54 EDT 2008

Take an old ethernet card, copy its mac address and throw the ethernet
card out.

Use that mac address.

Realistically, the TELCO is actually asking for what to put in a layer 2
access list.

You want to be able to connect multiple routers, for example with an ATM
switch, so tell them a mac address with the last two hex digits masked to FF

That way you can connect a couple hundred routers without involving them
again.

So long as the mac's arent going to conflict with any of your customers,
you shouldnt ever have a problem.