[c-nsp] Univercd

Kevin Graham kgraham at industrial-marshmallow.com
Thu May 8 11:26:00 EDT 2008

As much as I'm disappointed to see /univercd become deprecated, the new documentation site at least looks OK once you can find the right navigation links to it.

What's far worse is what was just done to the old release navigator pages. Now, instead of searching by release, we get to search first by product category, then by chassis, then by release. Ignoring how cumbersome this is to begin with for scanning for recent rebuilds of current trains (which has been cited here before as a _useful_ expenditure of development time), please proceed to search for a 7600/Sup22 image. Once you've decided whether its a 'Router Software' or 'Switch Software', you then get to select from a list of chassis, and only then sort through Supervior and MSFC permutations. Still no solution to the ambiguity of the prior solution, but you get to go through and additional three levels first.