[c-nsp] Lightstream Alternative

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat Nov 1 15:02:39 EDT 2008

At 03:21 AM 10/31/2008, you wrote:
>I just need to switch pvc from one OC3/STM-1 to another and configure
>soft-vc's.

Have you tried L2TPv3? Quick, simple and it should do what you need.
There is no ATM QOS or buffering, but you can shuttle packets from
one port to another quite easily. We use it on 7200 series, but it is
supposed to work on 7500, 10k, and 12k GSR stuff too. Dependent on
your exact config, you may need two boxes to make it work with one
OC3 on the first and the other OC3 the second.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin