[c-nsp] L2VPN Pseudowire Redundancy

Ivan Gasparik ivan at ig.sk
Mon Nov 3 04:01:42 EST 2008

If the goal is hardware redundancy (to ensure working VC when one of
the PE's fails), you can create one VC and configure it using two
separate loopback ip addresses. You will assign a loopback interface
to PE1 and PE2 with the same ip address. The other couple of PE's -
PE3 and PE4 - will share another ip address on their loopbacks.
Every PE will have VC configured using these ip addresses, you will
choose one of each couple as primary and configure IGP to pick ip
address of the primary PE's and propagate it across the backbone.
In case of primary PE failure will IGP do its job - propagate the
loopback ip address of the backup PE and allow LDP to establish new
session between working PE's.

Ivan