[c-nsp] MPLS VPN Design with very fast convergence

Peer Kohlstetter kohlstetter at blue-networks.de
Mon Nov 3 17:30:59 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm currently working on a Design for a MPLS VPN with very fast
convergence times.

We have the goal to reach a maximum convergence time of 1,5 seconds when
a single error occurs.

In the Backbone I try to work with FRR (FastReRoute). Between PE and CE
I'm not sure what protocol to use. I'm also thinking about L3VPN or
L2VPN solution.

Are there any information, whitepapers, designs about such a solution in
the web?

Do somebody have experience with such convergence times in a MPLS
environment?

Thanks and best regrads,

Peer