[c-nsp] 10G MMF on 12k ?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Nov 6 07:18:57 EST 2008

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, vince anton wrote:

> The datasheet doesnt say anything about supporting SR in that SPA. looks
> like 10km with LR optics is the lowest you can go to cross a rack !!! -
> check it out at
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_data_sheet0900aecd804dc62d.html

Yes, I think you're right, the XFP-10G-MM-SR isn't listed as supported on
any of the SPA based platforms.

Talk to your account team and ask why and if it'll change in the future.

Compared to what the SIP-601 and the SPA costs, the price difference
between SM and MM isn't that great, but I guess that if you standardise on
MM within site (we use SM everywhere) I guess this might be a hassle.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se