[c-nsp] Cisco 3620 with WIC-1ADSL cards

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Nov 21 15:38:02 EST 2008

Nick Voth <nvoth at estreet.com> writes:

> I am trying to get a 3620 configured with 4 of the WIC-1ADSL cards. I have
> gone through the "Software Adviser" on the Cisco site to see if it might
> give me any clues as to what carrier card, (NM-1E2W, NM-1FE2W, etc), would
> work. None of them seem to allow me to choose the ADSL WIC cards once I add
> them to the base 3620 configuration.
>
> I had heard that the NM-1FE2W and the NM-2W would work, but there too, I
> don't get the options to choose the ADSL WIC cards in the Software Adviser.

NM-1FE2W or NM-2W should work according to
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps221/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028aa5a_ps3129_Products_Data_Sheet.html

  "All the WICs are supported both in onboard WIC/HWIC slots and in the
   WIC carrier cards (NM-2W, NM-xFE2W, NM-xFE2W-V2, and NM-1FE1R2W)
   slots."

You may have problems finding the cards in the "Software Adviser"
because they are End-of-Sale, ref
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps3129/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd80710ce9.html

Bjørn