[c-nsp] 3560G Update - which IOS?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Nov 26 00:54:53 EST 2008

On Wednesday 26 November 2008 13:20:36 Garry wrote:

> we're running several 3560G's, a couple with a relatively
> old 12.2(25), some with the newer (35). I have one or two
> features that I know have been added since 25 and are
> available with (35), so I would prefer to upgrade at
> least to that, which I know has run flawlessly for a year
> or so ... question is - should I dare to upgrade to a
> more recent version, or are there any issues known? Also,
> is there a list of features that have been added in the
> respective sub-releases, in order to decide whether I
> even need a newer version than what I know to work?

We've been happy with 12.2(44)SE2; but admittedly, we only
use our 3560G's as Layer 2 devices.

There's a known cosmetic issue with this release:

#sh ver | i memory
cisco WS-C3560G-48TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision D0)
with 0K/8184K bytes of memory.
     ^^^^^^^^
512K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration
memory.
#

Other than that, we've had no real issues to report.

You probably want to take a look at the release notes for
more current revisions to see if there's anything you like,
or don't like.

Mark.