[c-nsp] packet drop due ti CAR (rate-limit)

Muhammad Farooq scorpianbiz at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 06:08:36 EDT 2008

We have 24 subinterfaces on this Fastethernet link and we are facing problem on all sub interfaces. We have other gigi interfaces on this router on which we are using dot1q but they are running perfectly. Please find below show rate-limit output for one of problematic interfaces.

FastEthernet3/0.8 Alfalah GHP
  Input
    matches: all traffic
      params:  512000 bps, 48000 limit, 96000 extended limit
      conformed 31000 packets, 23768856 bytes; action: transmit
      exceeded 310 packets, 287635 bytes; action: drop
      last packet: 32ms ago, current burst: 34513 bytes
      last cleared 00:06:55 ago, conformed 457000 bps, exceeded 5000 bps
  Output
    matches: all traffic
      params:  512000 bps, 48000 limit, 96000 extended limit
      conformed 24550 packets, 14268239 bytes; action: transmit
      exceeded 3 packets, 354 bytes; action: drop
      last packet: 44ms ago, current burst: 58 bytes
      last cleared 00:06:55 ago, conformed 274000 bps, exceeded 0 bps