[c-nsp] 6500 and MPLS

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Oct 14 12:26:59 EDT 2008

Gary Roberton wrote:
> Is anyone currently using a 6500 for MPLS duties?  Not VRF-Lite but PE
> duties (including NAT)?  If so, what are the pros and cons you have
> experienced.

We have one 6509/Sup720-3BXL in full production, and a second one with
one customer and soon to inherit the rest of our customers in that POP.
  So far, I'm VERY happy with it.  A few minor rules (EoMPLS has to be
on the port, not on a VLAN), but quite bulletproof.  Easy to comprehend,
even for our junior NOC folks.  Admittedly, no NAT, but very good at
everything we've asked it to do.

pt