[c-nsp] 6500 and MPLS

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Oct 17 12:29:41 EDT 2008

Peter Rathlev wrote:
> This would be SVI mode "EoMPLS", where one would expect local switching.
> Remember that "interface Vlan1005" isn't the same as "vlan 1005". It
> would be VERY nice if the PFC3 could do this, but unfortunately it
> can't. You need more expensive equipment for that. :-)

I wish we could do this.  6700 series cards...

> This is VLAN mode EoMPLS. The PFC3 supports this and (physical) port
> mode.

I still haven't been able to get this to work.  I tried this between 2
7600s running SRB1 and between the same 7600s to 2 6524s, one running
SXH and the other running ZU code.  The thing just won't come up.  I
wish we could do SVI-based EoMPLS on at least the 6524 end.

Justin