[c-nsp] question about service provider network design

Dan Armstrong dan at beanfield.com
Tue Oct 21 12:11:40 EDT 2008

So say I have an SVI on a PE switch which in turn has 2 layer2 links
back to 2 core boxes, the core boxes protected again by a 3rd layer2 link.

MST will protect me and make sure I always have link to the PE routers &
core routers.  What's wrong with using that SVI address in your PE
router as a reference, no need for an IGP down there?