[c-nsp] Restricting VLANs on 802.1q Tunnel Port

Allan Eising allan.eising at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:36:34 EDT 2008

You cannot control what vlans are allowed on a QinQ interface as the
dot1q-tunnel port does not see those vlans. It only pushes a vlan tag
on the outside of the ethernet frame, with no regard to the already
existing vlan tags. It can be considered an access port that does not
override the existing vlan tags.

You would have to do that filtering on the trunk port on the other
side of the QinQ tunnel.

Regards

Allan