[c-nsp] Crash bug in SXH3

Charles Spurgeon c.spurgeon at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 3 18:23:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 09:22:27PM +0100, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > times without problems) so we have reverted to SXF6 while awaiting a
> > new SXH build.
>
> any reason for an SXF6 so old? eg why not SXF12 ?

The usual reason: being very conservative with core/border gear.

SXF6 was something we had frozen on for a (long) while, since it was
stable and did everything we needed at the time and was even a safe
harbor release. Rather than dodge and weave through subsequent SXF
releases given various reports on SXF bugs, we just stuck with what
worked.

When we were forced to back down from SXH3 we went with the release we
had last used successfully. If we were planning to stay on SXF I'd be
looking at more recent releases. However, we need SXH for 16-port
10GigE card support, so we're waiting for a new release of SXH.

The TAC said they'd update us on the next release date for SXH<n> but
we haven't heard anything for the last week or so.

-Charles