[c-nsp] Crash bug in SXH3

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Sep 3 21:55:21 EDT 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 03:07:50 Charles Spurgeon
wrote:

> To which I will add another warning: there is also a
> fatal crash bug in SXH3 that is triggered by removing a
> route-map.

We've been running SXH3 on our core switches in our larger
PoP (6506/SUP720-3BXL + 6509-E/SUP720-3BXL), with
WS-X6724-SFP + DFC-3CXL line cards.

Suffice it to say, we use them purely for Layer 2 forwarding
and IS-IS DIS (primary and backup).

The only interesting issue we've faced after moving from
SXH2a to SXH3 was the switches started requiring our
fall-back enable password rather than the primary one we
always used (authentication/accounting is done via
TACACS+).

Our AAA configuration remained the same, but this issue
cropped up. We worked around it, as we try to figure out
what's going on.

Besides that, no other issues to report, but then again they
really aren't doing anything interesting besides creating
Layer 2 bandwidth and propagating IS-IS PDU's.

Mark.