[c-nsp] ME3750 Shaping

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Sep 15 07:11:24 EDT 2008

Hi again Arie,
This appears to only apply to ES ports, which is not what I'm looking for.  The idea here is very simple - there are ports that receive a data-only service and a ports that receive both data and voice.  Rather than burn up additional ports for voice, it makes sense to me to take advantage of the technology and use a single port with proper policing/shaping/queuing to provide two services over a single non-ES port.  Is this kind of service delivery really that...out there?

-evt