[c-nsp] 10/100/1000 speeds in GE SFP ports

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Sep 25 17:20:40 EDT 2008

On (2008-09-25 22:56 +0200), Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:

> One funny thing is that the 6500 release note now (SXH) says:
> "48-port Gigabit or 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet SFP" about the
> 6748-SFP, where the previous (SXF) phrase was: "48-port Gigabit
> Ethernet SFP".
>
> I haven't had a chance to test if anything's actually changed,
> though.
>
> (Yes, I've also heard the 'It's a hardware limitation. Forget
> it' story).

Someone commented on the list about his 6724 or 6748 being
able to display DOM info, while lot of us had been told
hardware is unable to read the upper half where the data lives.
 But he had newer hardware revision than any of mine, so
it's entirely possible that there has been hardware upgrade,
but I couldn't find anything in PCN about that change.

If there had been, perhaps they added multirate too? Sounds
too good to be true though. Looking forward for someone
to report back with SXI :)

--
  ++ytti