[c-nsp] IS-IS Topology database

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Sep 29 01:50:32 EDT 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 12:50:08 Oliver Boehmer
(oboehmer) wrote:

> I've never really figured out what the backup routes in
> ISIS are good for exactly (haven't digged deep into this
> either), and I don't bother as you can achieve fast
> convergence either way by tuning the SPF- and/or
> PRC-interval down. So either topology is able to converge
> equally fast.

In relation to this, I've posted (on my blog) IS-IS
configurations I think are optimized for my environment
(and perhaps, a few others):

http://aknit-routing.blogspot.com/2008/06/is-is-routing-protocol-best-practices.html

Feel free to gnaw at it and throw any comments.

Cheers,

Mark.