[c-nsp] VRF-lite question on RD's

ChrisSerafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Thu Apr 2 12:32:16 EDT 2009

I spoke too soon. I found this right after posting
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.1/20ew/configuration/guide/vrf.pdf

Switch(config-vrf)# rd
route-distinguisher
Creates a VRF table by specifying a route distinguisher.
Enter either an AS number and an arbitrary number
(xxx:y) or an IP address and arbitrary number
(A.B.C.D:y).
Step 5 Switch(config-vrf)# route-target
{export | import | both}
route-target-ext-community
Creates a list of import, export, or import and export route
target communities for the specified VRF. Enter either an
AS system number and an arbitrary number (xxx:y) or an
IP address and an arbitrary number (A.B.C.D:y).
Note This command is effective only if BGP is running.
Step 6 Switch(config-vrf)# import map
route-map
(Optional) Associates a route map with the VRF.

I just added different numbers and they came right up.

THANKS!