[c-nsp] 3750/3750E stack upgrade downtime?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Apr 3 04:18:31 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 19:26 -0500, Tony Varriale wrote:
> You can reload the master without doing the whole stack.

Well, that would select a new master. And this new master has to be
running the same software version as the current master, otherwise it
would not be able to participate in the stack in the first place. The
unit undergoing a reload will not be able to join the stack if it comes
up with a new software version.

If you know a way of upgrading a 3750 stack without downtime I'd very
much like to know; it's a pain for us the way we do it now. :-)

Regards,
Peter