[c-nsp] ASR1004 - ipv6 static route in a vrf

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 20:51:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm playing with an ASR1004 to test some ipv6 capabilities. For some
reason I can't seem to get a static route working:

ASR1(config)#ipv6 route vrf Public 2407:7000::/32 Null0
ASR1(config)#do sh ipv6 route vrf Public
IPv6 Routing Table - Public - 1 entries
Codes: C - Connected, L - Local, S - Static, U - Per-user Static route
       B - BGP, R - RIP, I1 - ISIS L1, I2 - ISIS L2
       IA - ISIS interarea, IS - ISIS summary, D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external
       O - OSPF Intra, OI - OSPF Inter, OE1 - OSPF ext 1, OE2 - OSPF ext 2
       ON1 - OSPF NSSA ext 1, ON2 - OSPF NSSA ext 2
L   FF00::/8 [0/0]
     via Null0, receive

If I assign the /32 to an interface, even a loopback, I can see in the
routing table. I have 'ipv6 unicast-routing' in the config and 'ipv6
cef distributed' - but this one seems to be on by default. But CEF
doesn't know anything about the prefix either:

ASR1#sh ipv6 cef vrf Public  2407:7000::/32
%Prefix not found

any ideas?

kind regards
Pshem