[c-nsp] T3 or Ethernet delivery?

Ian MacKinnon Ian.Mackinnon at lumison.net
Wed Apr 8 04:11:10 EDT 2009

Hi Seth,

I think the world is moving to ethernet for what traditionally was a leased line, so you are only going to see more of it.

Don't forget in your cost calculations the CPE line card, compare the cost of a router (or switch) with a spare Ethernet port and one with a 2Meg serial card.
Also don't forget the cost of spares for each and every different serial card you need.

Yes, you are right you will see traffic blackholed, the interface is up/up, but there is no end to end connectivity.

Ian