[c-nsp] SSH login hangs still third session

Bill Buhlman billbuhlman at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 13:22:56 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm running 12.2(33)SRA6 on a 7609-Sup720-3b. Its been up for about a year aand a half. When
I first deployed it, I was able to login with ssh first try with Putty. About 4 months later
after I put in username and password, the session hangs until I get "protocol error:
expected type 50 got -1" (with putty. no error code with Teraterm) At that time if I opened
another session and put in username and password while the other session was hung I was able
to login fine. Now, on the first TWO sessions it hangs and the third session I am able to
login. I've tried different versions of putty and teraterm but doesn't seem to be client
related. I've regenerated the RSA key twice and I've got an open case with Cisco but no
resolution so far.
Anyone seen this?
Thanks,
Bill