[c-nsp] DHCP server support for mysql configuration

Walter Keen walter.keen at RainierConnect.net
Mon Apr 27 17:32:06 EDT 2009

Greetings, I've searched the archive, but I couldn't quite find what I
was looking for.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use SQL for the DHCP config?
(defining address ranges, all the way to configuring dhcp
reservations).  Where I work, we use dhcp reservations for cablemodem
provisioning, and occasionally we have a problem with the dhcp server
(not) reloading after a provisioning change.  ideally we'd like it to
read from some type of sql db, and not have to reload on every modem
add.  We're using an older version (3.01?) of ISC DHCP now, but I wanted
to know if anyone else had suggestions around this.