[c-nsp] 7500 for DSL aggregation - RSP memory error?

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Tue Aug 4 15:59:37 EDT 2009

I view the rpr feature as completely useless in the real world.

Cold spare are way more effective.

The last time I had a rp failure, it was fixed by yanking one and
leaving the other.

In other words, odds are it causes more issues than it resolves.

Just added complexity for a box where its already a support problem.

Terminate your atm into an atm switch and run a bank of agg routers,
7200 or 7500.

Then you can bridge group them into both, or just manual throw pvc's
from one router to the other.

The 7500 are not worth the watts they consume.