[c-nsp] Cisco 6509-E & WiSM - OIR

Kaegler, Mike KaeglerM at tessco.com
Wed Aug 12 10:31:59 EDT 2009

On 8/12/09 9:31 AM, "Jeff Cartier" <jcartier at acs.on.ca> wrote:
> Does anyone know if a Cisco 6509-E w/ Sup720 & WiSM will support OIR?
> I've dug around Google and Cisco, but haven't found a concrete 'YES'.
> My gut feeling is telling me it's okay; but I figure I'd ask the group J
> Thanks!!!

I've done it several times with a WiSM without problem. I'd avoid OIR of
anything on the 6500 platform during production hours.

During an OIR, the backplane stalls (by design). Several things can cause
the bus not to un-stall for longer than the magic reload timer.

If this is your first WiSM in the chasis, you'll need to do some special
configuration on the sup before you can do much with it.
-mKaegler

--
Michael Kaegler, TESSCO Technologies: Engineering, 410 229 1295
Your wireless success, nothing less. http://www.tessco.com/