[c-nsp] Downgrade from 12.2(33)SXI2a to 122-18.SXF17

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 12:18:51 EST 2009

Pär Åslund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to downgrade a Cisco 6500 with Sup-720 from 12.2(33)SXI2a to
> 1.22(18)SXF17 for hardware issue.
>
> I think I have checked everything,
>
> Configuration issues (all commands available)
> Hardware support (all modules supported)
> Bootloader (not needed on sup-720 for 1.22(18)SXF17 according to Cisco
> documentation)
>
> Anyone got any more pointers I might have missed?

I tested this for SXI (not 2a) when we upgraded, and from my notes:

  * If you're using VRFs and have converted the config to new-style "vrf
definition", you need to backport config

  * If you've re-formatted the flash disk under SXI you should probably
(to be safe) format it under SXF before downgrade

...but other than that, if you're sure the IOS config & hardware is
compatible it should be fine - we frequently put our test/lab box back
into SXF.