[c-nsp] Quick 6500/Sup2/MSFC2 question...

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Thu Dec 3 10:48:49 EST 2009

Can you determine the MSFC2 RAM size in a standby supervisor?

All of the "remote command" options I've tried seem to be giving me the
PFC, not MSFC2; and any typical session/console to the standby sup of
course gives me the 'standby console disabled' message.

The active Sup2 was replaced awhile back and has a newer serial number,
apparently part of the "factory-supplied 512Mb" series.  The standby is
older and not sure if it shipped with 256 or 512...   Would rather not
failover at the moment to find out for certain...

Jeff