[c-nsp] bpduguard and trunks?

Geert Nijs geert.nijs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:18:21 EST 2009

Lincoln,

Just to be clear:

>>all 'edge' ports should be running with BPDU guard enabled.  'edge ports'
(those facing >>hosts) should NEVER send BPDUs out.  BPDU guard is there to
detect if they do - and if >>they do, its a sign that they have caused a
loop in the network.

ports with BPDU guard configured still send out BPDUs, but they will
*not *allow
incoming
BDPUs
if you also want to stop sending out BPDUs (not recommended), you configure
the port additionally with BPDU filter

regards,
Geert