[c-nsp] Data Center switch replacement

chris at lavin-llc.com chris at lavin-llc.com
Thu Dec 17 20:31:11 EST 2009

> What's the current architecture?
>
> tv

Tony,

Good question. For this portion of the data center it is more traditional.
By that I mean these 6509 switches provide the Layer 2 connections to the
servers. The 6509s have dual uplinks to an Agg layer. The Agg layer hosts
the default gateways using HSRP. All connections are copper. They're a
home run connection from the servers to a patch panel near the switches.
Then a small jumper from the patch panel to the switch.

-chris