[c-nsp] Port 1720 & 1863

abs abhishake00 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 13:38:26 EST 2009

I have included the command, it's output, the ACL  and the config for the interface getting the ACL below, but was still wondering why the explicit deny is required if i have a deny all (default deny policy) at the end of the ACL?

command:
nmap -P0 -A -O <ip address>
PORT     STATE  SERVICE      VERSION
22/tcp   open   ssh           (protocol 2.0)
25/tcp   closed smtp
113/tcp  closed auth
1720/tcp open   H.323/Q.931?
6000/tcp closed X11
6001/tcp closed X11:1
6002/tcp closed X11:2
6003/tcp closed X11:3
6004/tcp closed X11:4
6005/tcp closed X11:5
6006/tcp closed X11:6
6007/tcp closed X11:7
6008/tcp closed X11:8
6009/tcp closed X11:9
6017/tcp closed xmail-ctrl
6050/tcp closed arcserve
Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 33.178 seconds

config:
interface Ethernet0
 ip address dhcp
 ip access-group WANInBoundACL in
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip nat outside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 ip route-cache flow
 no fair-queue
 no cdp enable

ip access-list extended WANInBoundACL
 permit udp any range bootps bootpc any range bootps bootpc
 permit udp any eq domain any
 permit tcp any any eq 22
 permit tcp any any established
 deny   ip any any log